Monday, January 19, 2015

Weighing-In: Week 1

Of course one of the goals for every new mother is to get rid of all that baby-weight.  If you're one of the lucky ones who magically appears the hour after giving child birth to have never been pregnant, can I please speak for the rest of us and say we don't want to hear about how you still have so much to get rid of.  Take the compliment that you look good and move on.

So, this is my effort to document my path back to pre-Emmy-Sara.



BEGINNING WEIGHT: 156.6 LBS
WEIGHT AFTER WEEK 1: 157.6
GOAL WEIGHT: 144.0 LBS

BEGINNING WAIST: 39 IN
WAIST AFTER WEEK 1: 39 IN
GOAL WAIST: 35 IN

Review of the week: the exercise was good, the nutrition is where I failed. You can't eat dessert almost every night and expect to drop the weight and inches.  I have noticed in the past, however, that I go through a week or two of gaining a pound right after I start strength-training again. After that the weight falls off.

MONDAY:

-30 minutes Zumba, 3-mile run
                If you are like me and have no rhythm going to a Zumba class may not be the most ideal for you. But if you like dancing and moving to good music and are able to call it exercise, Zumba is perfect... what a dilemma.  The solution, online Zumba videos! I found a good library of videos at Tone and Tighten or even on YouTube. I'm in the process of compiling a Zumba channel and will post a link when I do.

TUESDAY:

-Arm Workout

WEDNESDAY:

-60 minutes stroller walk

THURSDAY:

-60 minutes Zumba

FRIDAY:

-Abs Workout

SATURDAY:

-Yard Work (Our leaves finally fell off the tree, yay for living in Arizona)

SUNDAY:

-30 minute walk with family


I'm starting a 30 day challenge today.  My sister-in-law is a beach body coach and is helping others get a start on being healthy so I'm partaking in order to be held more accountable to my own goals. Accountability is a HUGE part of being successful in any goal but especially health goals. 

Let's see what this next week brings. 

Come back next Monday for an update and more exercise ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment